Here at Crystal, we craft games that make an impact. Crystal is the studio that will teach you, encourage you, and challenge you to be your very best. We want our team to succeed and we achieve this by working together. Have an idea? Go ahead and share! Want to learn something new? Let’s do it. With twenty-five years of history and over thirty games developed we know what we want: top talent who are dedicated to making amazing games.
Team work makes the dream work, and at Crystal Dynamics diverse perspectives, equal voices, and inclusive philosophies create the best teams who make the best games. Diversity leads to productivity, tolerance, and a welcoming spirit as part of the Crystal Dynamics family. Inclusivity breaks down barriers of all kinds to ensure all people can take joy in their work, have pride for being heard, and take comfort in being respected. We prize all perspectives so that we can be our best selves and the best game developers at a company beloved for our games as well as our culture of creativity. To all who wish to enter this place and continue evolving Crystal Dynamics to be its best self, we say welcome.
Looking to join us at Crystal Dynamics? Here's some advice from Recruiting Manager Niccole Minka:
- When it comes to your resume, keep formatting simple and consistent. Fancy backgrounds and images can wind up completely jumbled when uploaded during the application process. Keep the resume straightforward and use your portfolio or website/reel to showcase your creative side.
- If you have a portfolio or website, be sure to include that in your application and make sure the link is working!
- Be sure to check for any spelling and grammatical errors on your resume. Many roles require a strong attention to detail so be sure your resume starts off the process on the right foot.
- When writing bullets for your resume, focus on quantifiable information. How often did you do a certain task? How quickly was it completed? Is that something to be proud of?
- Okay - “Created various social media posts to showcase new product”
- Better - “Used Canva to create 1-2 infographics each week that showcased new product and improved site traffic by 65% in first month”
- Be honest with yourself when writing your bullets in order to know when to take ownership of your accomplishments and when to showcase teamwork/collaboration. Limit use of “assisting with” or “helped create” and focus on what you did.
- Okay - “Assisted with implementation of new software on the team”
- Better - “Created documentation and training manuals from scratch for hiring policies and procedures during the implementation of our new [insert software here].”
"Come make the games of your career." - Scot Amos, Studio Head
BENEFITS & AMENITIES
Crystal Dynamics has some of the best benefits in the gaming industry.
In addition to our amazing personal benefits we offer a host of perks including free gym memberships for our employees, discounts on games, access to industry events and conferences, internal events and celebrations, and a generous PTO program in addition to normally celebrated holidays. Come join us at one of our three studios in California, Washington State, or Texas!
- Medical (including HMO & PPO choices), Dental & Vision
- Dependent and Health Flex Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Short term and long term disability
- Life and Accident Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan with competitive company matching
- Generous paid time-off
- Day Care and Commuter Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), along with a free shuttle to the studio
- Employee Product Purchase Program
- Branded, high quality swag items
- Video Game library for employee rentals
HEALTH CARE COVERAGE:
Medical – HMO, PPO and HSA choices are available
Dependent and Health Flex Spending Accounts (FSA)
Employee Assistance Program
LIFE AND ACCIDENT INSURANCE
Basic Life Insurance Basic
Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D)
Short Term Disability (STD)
Long Term Disability (LTD)
401K Retirement Plan with competitive company matching
PERSONAL TIME OFF
Personal time off (PTO) for vacation
Employee Product Purchase Program
On-Site Gymnasium and Fitness
Center Game & Studio Clothing Purchases available
Our Health Care plans provide our employees with premier and comprehensive benefits with access to extensive, nationwide network of doctors and hospitals, with choices from Anthem Blue Cross HMO, HSA, and PPO and Kaiser Permanente.
Our dental plan provider is Guardian Dental Point of Service. This plan provides PPO In & Out of Network options.
Blue View by Anthem, our vision program, provides a cost-effective, comprehensive vision plan that includes eye exams and eyewear available through a broad range of eye care providers and locations.
FLEXIBLE SPENDING ACCOUNT
Crystal Dynamics provides a Flexible Spending Account (FSA) program that enables you to set aside money on a pre-tax basis to pay for health and day care costs. An FSA is the only benefit that saves you money on the cost of health and daycare expenses.
- The health care FSA reimburses out-of-pocket health care expenses for you and your dependents. You can elect to contribute a maximum of $2,550 annually. (*2015 amount)
- The daycare FSA reimburses day care expenses for your child or elder care. The daycare FSA limit is established by the IRS and has a calendar year limit of $5,000 per household. (*2015 amount)
- The Commuter FSA reimburses expenses related to commuting up to $130.00 a month. (*2015 amount)
LIFE AND AD&D INSURANCE
Life and AD&D insurance is a benefit that helps you plan for your family’s financial security. The benefit is equal to salary paid by Crystal, and voluntary life insurance is also available for your dependents.
Our plan offers both Short and Long Term Disability (STD, LTD) coverages to allow employees protection against times when they may not be able to maintain a regular work schedule due to an illness or injury. Crystal offers both pre and post tax options.
Our EAP Program through Anthem is available to you and dependents at no cost, is 100% confidential, and is available 24-7.
The plan offers information and access to trained professionals to help you with a wide range of life’s surprises (everything from relation and family concerns to stress and even financial or legal issues).
Our 401k Retirement Plan allows for employees to plan for their retirement utilizing our Fidelity 401k Retirement Plan.
- The Company will match up to 50% of your contribution up to the first 10% of your contributions.
- Vesting for all employer contributions on a 3-year schedule.
- Your plan permits Roth after-tax employee contributions & rollovers.
At Crystal Dynamics we believe in providing our employees with top notch additional benefits in addition to those benefits we have covered so far.
Pacific Shores Fitness Center – You have available a world-class, 38,000 sq.ft. facility which offers: Rock Wall, Junior Olympic Pool and Outdoor Spa, Cardiovascular and strength-training equipment, Group Exercise Classes, Personal Training available, Day Spa
You are eligible to use the Fitness Center immediately from date of hire and at NO cost to the employee
Employee Product Purchase – We don’t just create games; employees have the opportunity to purchase a game as offered by the management team.
PAID TIME OFF (PTO)
Crystal Dynamics believes in working hard and taking time off to recharge our batteries. To make sure our employees have that ability we have the following Paid Time Off plan available to our employees.
- Less than 2 years of service: 4 weeks or 6.66 hours per payroll accrual
- 2 or more years of service: 5 weeks or 8.33 hours per payroll accrual
Crystal Dynamics supports 12 national holidays throughout the calendar year. The holiday schedule is provided to employees towards the end of each calendar year.
Frequently Asked Questions
Phishing Scam Alert.
It has been brought to our attention that a scammer posing as a Crystal Dynamics’ HR person is contacting people about job opportunities at our studio and sending out fake job offers that require candidates to download a messaging app(Telegram, ICQ, etc.) where follow-up conversations will take place. This is a phishing scam designed to get you to share personal information. Please do not respond to inquiries of this nature. For more information on phishing scams, visit the FTC website.
Where are your studios located?
Crystal Dynamics has three studios: our headquarters in San Mateo, California, Crystal Northwest in Bellevue, Washington, and Crystal Southwest in Austin, Texas.
Where do I apply for a job at Crystal Dynamics? What about a different Square-Enix studio?
For Crystal Dynamics career openings and other information regarding studio culture, news, and benefits, please visit our Careers page at www.crystald.com/careers. Each Square-Enix studio has their own website and career page; for a list of other studios in the family, please visit www.square-enix.com.
Can I apply for more than one posted position?
Yes, if you are interested in more than one opportunity and feel you are qualified, you may submit your resume, cover letter, portfolio and other relevant information for each position.
What should I include when I send in my application*?
Cover letters and resumes are required (single page each, if possible); please include updated contact information on all your application materials. Wherever possible, please also include any relevant portfolio links, samples, or demos with your application the first time you apply and please make sure all links work.* Some positions will require special submission materials, including position specific samples. Please review the entire position posting to ensure you are submitting all applicable materials.
Do you have any Internships available and who is eligible?
Internship availability at Crystal Dynamics and criteria will be listed as job postings on our Careers website, when applicable.
I don’t have any experience working in the industry yet. Do I qualify for a full-time, permanent position?
We are open to hiring recent graduates and people coming from different disciplines into full-time positions; however, which positions and at what seniority level is largely dependent on the skill set, level of proficiency and other experience that you bring to the table. Depending on our criteria and availability of positions, you may also be eligible for Contract, Internship or Temporary positions.
I know someone who works at Crystal Dynamics. May I have him/her submit my application internally?
Applications may be sent through employee referral, but please also apply through the job posting you are interested in referencing your referral so that our Recruiting Team can properly track your application.
I am an external staffing agency or Recruiter. How can I get in touch with someone at Crystal Dynamics?
Please send all staffing queries to firstname.lastname@example.org. No unsolicited phone calls or visits please. Please also observe that we do not accept any unsolicited candidate information, resumes, or portfolios unless a contract and specific terms for the agency relationship are in place or you have written permission from a representative from the HR, Legal or Recruiting department.
I’d like to work for Crystal Dynamics but I am not authorized to work in the United States. Can I still apply?
Crystal Dynamics accepts applications from foreign nationals; however, certain eligibility criteria must be met to legally be considered for any fulltime position in the United States and employer sponsorship may not always be available.
What if I’ve applied and haven’t heard back?
We consider candidates both for the position they’ve applied for and for positions they may otherwise be qualified for, now or in the near future, so it is possible that the review process could take a few weeks; we will attempt to contact you as soon as we are able. Unfortunately, we may not be able to get back to every single person who applies, and we often put applications on hold for future consideration. Rest assured, we do review every single applicant, regardless of position or disciple, that comes through the proper channels and we do accept updated applications and portfolios should you choose to reapply.
May I stop by to follow-up on my application, get a tour, or interview with the team? May I call?
Per company policy, please observe that Crystal Dynamics does not allow unsolicited visitors into the offices. Similarly, applications are tracked electronically, so no phone calls please.
Crystal Dynamics Inc (‘the Company’) is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a program of affirmative action and diversity for our employees. Though our logo is black and white, we welcome persons of all colors, patterns, prints and designs. The Company seeks to employ the best qualified individuals and company policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex, religion, marital status, age, medical condition, sexual orientation, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.