Associate Brand Manager
Redwood City, CA, United States
Crystal Dynamics, a part of the Square-Enix family and the studio behind the award-winning Tomb Raider game franchise, is constantly on the hunt to add even more top-tier gaming talent to our family. We pride ourselves on attracting and developing the best of the best to craft the most exciting projects in gaming. Our 25-plus years of development experience, as well as our studio members’ combined AAA game industry pedigree, has established us as one of the premier studios in the world today. Come and make us even better! Crystal Dynamics is headquartered in sunny Redwood City, CA, just south of San Francisco and north of San Jose.
Join the studio as an Associate Brand Manager on one of the most anticipated titles in gaming today – Marvel’s Avengers! Benefits for this full-time, permanent position include a competitive salary, 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance options and 20 days of paid time-off. You also receive free access to a well-appointed 50,000’ foot athletic club (complete with a rock-climbing wall and pool!), an impressive on-site cafeteria with food options for every palate, and a gorgeous natural campus by the San Francisco Bay.
The Associate Brand Manager is primarily responsible for working with the Brand Manager to support and execute the global Brand campaign. This includes, but is not limited to, assisting with the development of the campaign strategy, product positioning, target audiences, category and competitive analysis, product life-cycle management, and supporting ongoing live operations of the game. The Associate Brand Manager will then work with a wide range of internal and external partners to support and implement this campaign.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with Product Development, Creative Agencies, Sales, Channel Marketing, Public Relations, and Marketing Partners to coordinate brand related activities and maximize sales performance
- Assist Brand Manager with all aspects of asset creation, including creating packaging, trailers, digital media, event materials, and online media. Help to secure resources, manage budgets and schedules, and ensure timely delivery of all campaign creative to global teams
- Build effective relationships with international Marketing teams to help deliver materials and solutions that directly support territory marketing campaigns and sales targets
- In conjunction with local PR teams, support the creation and implementation of a communication strategies and tactics for campaigns
- Work with Brand Manager on creating and presenting brand creative briefs to internal stakeholders
- Liaise with Digital Marketing team on creation and deployment of direct email and CRM creative and activities
- Work with the Digital Marketing team on day to day management of the website.
- Support day-to-day promotional activities with first party partners
- Track and monitor campaign performance goals and KPIs and conduct postmortem reports on campaign executions, sharing insights with the wider marketing team
- Conduct ongoing competitive and market analysis and assist with global brand research initiatives
- A minimum of 2-3 years experience successfully supporting AAA marketing campaigns within the computer games and/or entertainment industry
- General understanding of the requirements for North American, European and Asian markets
- Proven ability to work with development, local distribution teams, and external partners
- A firm understanding of industry marketing, competitive and sales trends
- Very strong project management skills with an ability to prioritize workload, and juggle competing timelines
- Strong balance of both creative and quantitative/analytical skills
- Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills
- The ideal candidate will have a 4-year college degree
- Bonus – Experience in Games as a Service or working on Live Operations
Crystal Dynamics is an EOE and M/F/D/V Employer.