Senior Technical Artist
Redwood City, CA, United States
Crystal Dynamics, a part of the Square-Enix family, is constantly on the hunt for top-tier gaming talent worldwide. We pride ourselves on attracting and developing the best talent available to concept, create, and contribute to the most exciting projects in gaming today. 25+ years of history creating fun and exciting titles for the world to enjoy as well as our studio’s 1000+ years of combined game industry experience provides a rich tapestry of tested and new ideas to draw from as have established us as one of the best studios in the world to work for.
Join the ranks of an award-winning team in our Redwood City studio, just south of San Francisco. Benefits for this Full-time position include competitive salary, health insurance options to suit all lifestyles, generous paid time-off, as well as other studio and corporate perks, such as a free gym and discounts on games and goodies.
- Responsible for the evaluation and implementation of processes or features needed to improve or streamline products across multiple teams.
- Act as a liaison between the art, design, and programming departments in order to oversee and enhance the studio’s next generation production pipeline and workflow.
- Write shaders and occasional graphics engine code to drive improvements to visual fidelity and realize artistic vision.
- Use programming and scripting languages to create art-centric toolsets and custom plugins focusing on increasing productivity, aiding workflow, and reducing human error.
- Communicate and troubleshoot technical art issues with emphasis on studio wide global solutions.
- Research and develop software that may assist in improving efficiency and raising the visual quality of the art department.
- Build art of testing purposes and develop R&D demonstrations for other teams to use and learn from.
- 4 years of experience in the position offered or related occupation
- Master’s degree or foreign equivalent in Digital Arts, Entertainment Technology, Computer Animation, or an art related field
- Demonstrated knowledge of the following:
- general game production procedures and best practices across all departments
- in-depth understanding of game art creation processes
- computer graphics and computer science fundamentals
- Experience with the following:
- Defining pipelines and tools for the art team;
- Python scripting;
- Writing C++ and shading language code for game engines or other real-time applications;
- Debugging and optimization using GPU profilers,
- Making visual adjustments based on feedback from art direction;
- Industry standard tools and plug-ins including Maya, Photoshop, Substance Designer, and Perforce.
Crystal Dynamics, Inc.
1400A Seaport Blvd.
Redwood City, CA 94063
Crystal Dynamics is an EOE and M/F/D/V employer.