Creative Services Producer
Redwood City, CA, United States
Crystal Dynamics is an award-winning game development studio located just south of San Francisco in sunny Redwood City, CA. Founded in 1992, Crystal Dynamics has grown into a world class studio by developing iconic franchises and keeping at the forefront of the very latest in technology and graphics. Crystal Dynamics is owned by Publisher/Developer Square-Enix, Inc., which boasts a multi-million dollar international portfolio of intellectual properties that few can match with respect to brand recognition and units sold.
Having created beloved properties such as Gex and the Legacy of Kain series, as well as driving the massively successful Tomb Raider franchise, Crystal Dynamics is now laying the groundwork for the next generation of innovative and technologically stunning projects, including its current project, Marvel’s Avengers. For more information, please visit www.crystald.com
The Creative Services Producer will work with the Creative Services Lead, Brand team, IP Holders and Game Development Producers to manage the development process for all assets. To be successful, this individual needs to be organized, systematic and detailed-oriented in their approach to problem solving; and relentless in tracking and unblocking bottlenecks. The Creative Services Producer must have experience supporting Creative Services teams. Additionally, the Creative Services Producer will have great communication skills to maximize team alignment and effort across all departments.
- Manage schedules for all Creative Services disciplines: Video Production team, Brand Art team, and Capture team.
- Track project kickoffs, milestones, deadlines, and delivery. Foresee and assess future or potential risks. Adjust schedules as necessary to maintain final due dates.
- Lead weekly production meetings to align brand and marketing asset needs with developer production schedules.
- Work with project leads to define project goals, scope, stakeholders involved, team efforts needed, deadlines, and next steps needed.
- Excel at driving and maintaining quality control for all assets to ensure they meet internal and external legal, brand, and creative guidelines.
- Serve as liaison between Creative Services team, Brand team, IP Holders and other stakeholders to obtain feedback, reviews, and approvals on assets through approved internal and external systems.
- Create workback schedules for assets and communicate concerns, deadlines, and task ownerships.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Works with other producers and leads in multiple departments and disciplines to determine resources necessary to drive projects through to completion.
- Coordinates, tracks and manages the tasks of the team to ensure that deliverables are completed on time.
- Provides motivation and direction to ensure that project goals, objectives, milestones and deliverables are achieved.
- Thrives in a highly ambitious work environment with an entrepreneurial spirit – taking pride in driving excellence of delivery with minimal support or oversight.
- Assists in tracking of development project schedules from the Game Production teams for collaboration and cross-planning with the Creative Services team.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in project management/producing.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a creative environment – advertising/design agency, game developer or entertainment studio preferred.
- Expert knowledge of the creative development process.
- Expert knowledge in digital and video content development – including 1st party guidelines and requirements.
- Collaborative content and PM software systems experience a plus – including JIRA, Confluence, Trello, and Asset Management Programs.
- Proven experience with schedule management including slate, scope and workback creation a must.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated, organized, and meticulous about details.
- Ability to problem solve in an ambitious, deadline-oriented environment.
- Knowledge of the PC and Mac operating systems plus word processing, spreadsheet, and database software skills.
- Min 40+ hour work week with extended hours as needed to meet delivery deadlines.
- BS/BA preferred